Attendance: Principal Jim Huntzicker, Lora Brown, Christina Howell, Jessica Tyner, Muffy Norquist, Jamie Melin, Trisha Herbst, Julie Bartz, Pat Thums, Debbie, Certier, and Caroline Rehder
1. Box Tops
• Not doubled if put on sheets, just cost more money to ship. Sending box tops in an envelope or plastic sack is alright.
• Made $217.70 and will get check in December. Watch for expiration dates, expired box tops won't be awarded money. Spent $13.18 in postage to mail box tops.
2. Innisbrook/Treasurer's Report
• Total Sales so far: $4,771.00-we will get about 40% of the profit. Orders in by the 7th of November.
• Jessi will contact Karen @ Innisbrook (our rep) to answer questions about entering orders, when delivery will happen, etc...Jessi will send out into via email.
• Jim will coordinate delivery organization and pickup.
• Treasurer report: Ending balance $599. 92
3. Popcorn Early Release Days
• Inventory okay until spring
• Flyers going out on Friday to ask for donations and reminder about early release and popcorn on November 9th.
• Have made $194 so far on popcorn
• Muffy Norquist is our popcorn coordinator.
4. Teacher's Supper
• November 10th 4:30-6:00 pm
• Lora Brown is donating meat & vegetables for Jamie Melin to make and serve 2 soups; volunteers needed for rolls and desserts. Please email Jamie Melin if you want to donate sweets or bread or drinks for this event (drop off anytime on Nov. 10th)—email@example.com
5. Musical Theater
• East Side would like to be separate on the Crazy Mountain Theater Production
• Motion to skip Crazy Mountain this year and seconded by Jessi Tyner
• Jamie volunteered help plan a musical/theatre
• Discussed venue (Wasihngton School? one grade at a time?)
• set up committee, meet with Ms. Parks
We are in desperate need of more involvement with our PTO; please let us know if you can serve on a committee or what you are willing to do; get signed up for PTO emails and tell your friends to do it, too. Parental involvement, even to a smallest degree, improves your child’s experience at the school and keeps you informed.
• Lora will head up committee
• Ideas-adult games, health & nutrition focus
• Set up committee and work with Eastside's committee and decide about venue
• Caroline will work with Lora on carnival
• Flier going out to see what parents would be interested in helping with the carnival
7. Lora Brown offering photography fundraiser
• approved by PTO in general-100% of income
• Motioned by Muffy to allow Lora to send out flyers seconded by Jessi
8. Capri Sun recycling
• Caroline looked into this for the school
• Terra cycle pays you to recycle CapriSun bags
• will have more information at the next meeting/send home flyer soon
9. Christina Howell brought up the question about why don't we have crossing guards?
• no budget for crossing guards--crosswalk safety during school hours?
• will address this in next meeting
Thank you to all those who attended! It was great to see so many people!
Next Meeting—Tuesday, December 6th at 5:30pm in the Library.