Winans April PTO Meeting Minutes
Thursday April 12, 2012 - 5:30pm - Winans Library
Attendance: Jim Huntzicker, Lora Brown, Muffy Norquist, Christina Howell, Jessi Tyner, Cara McNeely, Caroline Rehder; Jenn Volk, Brooke Weimer, Terry Chambers
I. Carnival: Here’s the run down from Muffy from earlier this week--
- PTO Spring Carnival is Friday, April 20th from 5:30 – 7:30 pm. Admission is $3 each & children under 4 are free.
- We are still in need of lots of volunteers:o The three volunteer committees are SET UP, RUN GAMES, and CLEAN UP.
-Our contact for donating baked goods is: Caroline Rehder at firstname.lastname@example.org-All other volunteers, please contact: Cara McNeely at email@example.com or 223-8610
- Set up will begin at 9 am Friday morning, the sooner we get it set up, the better! We could use some very strong people to help with the tables, etc. first thing Friday morning. PLEASE contact Cara McNeely if you can help; we can start as early as 8:30 Friday morning if that works for our volunteers
- Megan & Dusty have all the games ready and signs made for each. Games include face painting, tattoos, zumba, funny picture booth. There was some discussion and detail about the games and the set up; Mrs. Huntzicker is helping to coordinate the High School volunteers; a few may be able to help with set up, Eastside is buying their dinner from their PTO budget, and Lora Brown has donated water to give to volunteers.
- Mustang Catering will be selling dinner
o Agnew Ranch donated local grass fed beef, so Carole is making Sloppy Joe’s with Mac & Cheese & fresh veggies with dip; the price should be “the same as last time” and proceeds go to PTO—we decided on $4 for dinner
o Carole will also be selling Mustang Catering sandwiches (geared more toward the adults at the carnival), and she will just keep track of how many she sells and subtract that from the total in the register at the end of carnival (keeping one cash register).
- Carnival will sell water, popcorn & cotton candy for a dollar a piece
- The Floyds will be selling their famous snow cones IF their truck can fit in the building.
II. Treasurer’s Report from Jessi
[Treasurer’s Report attachment]
-We figured we have roughly $5,000 after stipends and other expenses. I t was decided to give some money to help with retirement party, hold off on big decisions about iPads, and help upgrade TVs for classrooms; We will discuss more about allocation of funds in May after we see how Carnival goes down.
III. Teacher Appreciation Week, May 7-11, 2012
- Sarah Knecht is heading up the Friday Potluck lunch, PTO provides papergoods
- Jamie & Rich Melin will set up Wish Tree; leaves for teachers to write wishes on will be in the teacher’s lounge beginning April 25th; parents can start taking leaves & shopping on May 2nd. All “wish fulfillments” should be back under the tree by May 9th (Wednesdays).
- Lora, Christina, Jessi, and Jamie will organize small gifts for the teachers’ mailboxes Monday –Thursday of that week, each taking one day
IV. Retirement Party and the future of PTO (Lora Brown’s recruitment ideas) will be discussed at May’s meeting, to be held Tuesday May 1st at 5:30 pm in the Winans’ Library.